The McCook Athletic & Exposition Center (The MAX), opened in 2006, is a 150,000 square foot multi-purpose facility designed to combine the benefits of a full-sized outdoor field with the shelter of a 40-foot high clear-span roof – the first of its kind in Chicago. With such size, comes versatility. The MAX incorporates 80,000 square feet of turf alongside 25,000 square feet of hard court space, broken down into two full-sized main basketball courts, a full-sized private wood court gymnasium, and an elevated private deck court. The facility also houses a baseball/softball academy, three locker rooms, and a 6,000 square foot restaurant space.
THE MAX FEATURES:
- Four Very Large Indoor Fields that have Retractable dividers to fit full size fields. Each Field section is 150′ x 250′ and combining just two together provides a full size field for indoor games.
- All Encompassing Tech Cage with Trackman, Flightscope Hitting, Video Analysis Camera’s.
- 5,000 Sq Ft Strength Training Area with TOP TIER branded weights, workout equipment and technology
- 8 Batting Tunnels with Pitching Machines
- 2 Full Size Dirt Pitching Mounds
- 3 Full Size Turf/Rubber Pitching with Technology for Pitching Analysis
- Restaurant overseeing training areas for parents to spectate & relax
- Full Spectator Concourse with vending machines & seating